Pages

Thursday 19 May 2011

Daily Tip #15 - Two Mits On The Choc

Chocolate is amazing and anybody who disagrees is crazy. Today, my boss gave me a giant Freddo. They're not really giant, only in comparison to regular little Freddos. It was in the afternoon, and I was feeling pretty flat and in need of a sugar hit. I could feel temptation slinking up behind me. But, luckily, I took the time to check out the dietary facts panel. To my shock and surprise, this cute, innocent little froggy packed a serious punch! 25% of recommended daily intake (RDI) of saturated fat?! 40% RDI of sugar?! If I was to have all of him, I would've had to eat celery and dust for dinner. Not being one who likes to deny herself, I made a cup of tea (no sugar), grabbed a handful of raw almonds, and only ate Freddo's head. It's not perfect, but it's greatly minimising the damage in those weaker moments.

And, on those days, you must exercise. Remember - energy in = energy out, and that's just to maintain weight. If you're trying to lose weight, step awaaaaay from the chocolate, have the nuts and tea, or some yoghurt, and 10 mins later you'll be like "Freddo WHO?"


PS I also learnt today that New Kids On The Block have started a super-boyband with Backstreet Boys (and by super I mean big, not good). They're called....wait for it....NKOTBSB. Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment