Pages

Monday 30 May 2011

Challenge Tip #2 - Hear Me Raw!

To get all the nutritional goodness out of what we eat, we should try and eat foods in their most natural form. Don't f with Mother Nature, she knows what she's doing. That means wholemeal bread, raw nuts and raw sugar (and try and wean yourself off sugar in tea/coffee - I did and you'll be surprised how quickly your taste buds get used to it). You just get more bang for your buck, feel fuller for longer, your digestive system loves it... the positives go on and on.

Also, learn how to make some of the things you buy at the supermarket. From salad dressing, to banana bread, to dips and soups - it's all really easy once you've had a bit of practise, and you can control how much oil/butter etc goes in, and it's free of nasty preservatives and fake colour and flavour. Plus you get showered with compliments... "you MADE this? Wow!!" (normally followed with a backhanded compliment like "Mads - I didn't know you could COOK!"). .

Eating food that has had minimal human (or machine) intervention will make you feel amazing, and is really good for you. Give it a go.

(PS If you're looking for a snack to replace the nasties that you kicked to the kerb in the kitchen makeover, get a nice raw Trail Mix with lots of seeds. Someone once told me that seeds are the street sweepers of your body. Sorry if that's a gross visual but it made me want to eat them. Don't go overboard because the nuts are quite fatty, just one handful twice per day should be enough to keep you going between meals).

1 comment:

  1. Starting a site kind of like this one forced me to do some research and I found your post to be quite helpful. My site is centered around the idea of knowledge, fun and sharing. I wish you good luck with your website in the future and you can be sure I'll be following it.My Health Beauty Concerns

    ReplyDelete