Pages

Sunday 29 May 2011

Challenge Tip #1 - Let's do this thing!

Hello! How did you all go with your before photos, goal setting, food/drink diary and kitchen makeover? I found the diary a bit confronting, especially my old frenemy booze. I realised that although I eat well, I drink too much and, especially in this 10 week challenge when calories really count, it's time to go....alcohol. What can you see on your diary that needs a bit of attention? Is it between meal snacking, or ordering takeaway after a hard day's work, or having more food than you need when out with friends (it took me a while to realise that calories consumed in the presence of friends still count!)? Find your little devils that are holding you back, and replace them with something healthy! Being Winter, I'm going to replace alcohol with fancy tea!

So, you don't need to keep doing your food diary (unless you want to) but keep that principal of accountability. Eat as if everything you consume has to be written down.

Now, onto your goal. This wonderful, shiny outcome, in all its glory, is going to be your secret weapon. When you're faced with that melting moment, cocktail or whatever your poison might be - bring your goal to mind. Take a moment and think about it. Is the 5 mins of pleasure really worth coming between you and that gorgeous goal of yours?

My goal? Well, I'm currently 71 kgs. I hope to lose 6 kgs down to 65 (I haven't been in the 60s since I was a teenager so this is very exciting) and get really fit. I also want to work on a juicier booty - thanks Mum and Dad for the flat butt gene!!

Ok so - we have:
1. Noticing where you need to make some adjustments
2. Eating/drinking in an aware, mindful and accountable way
3. Remembering your goal in times of weakness

Excellent! Now - a great little practise to get everything moving in the morning. Start each day (at least for the first few weeks) with a cup of hot water with a lemon wedge squeezed in. And - do 100 (or as many as you can) star jumps. By kickstarting the heart and digestive system, we get our body ready for action!

GOOD LUCK! I'll be posting little tips along the way. Feel free to post comments/experiences/recipies! Let's all keep each other motivated. Maybe I'll create a Facebook group or something... hrm....

No comments:

Post a Comment