Pages

Friday 13 May 2011

Daily Tip #12 - Make it Work Out For YOU

I used to think exercise sucked. I had no idea why anyone would pay good money to run on the spot, in some room full of people doing the same thing, staring up at an episode of Deal or No Deal. It's true, treadmill running is not my favourite thing.

BUT my friends, no baby should be thrown out with no bathwater. In order to incorporate it into your daily life, you need to do experiment to find out an exercise that works for YOU. My flatmate loves the social element of team sports and plays netball twice a week, and couples this with a couple of hot yoga sessions. Another friend rides her bike to uni and back - making her exercise functional as well as enjoyable. I do yoga, pilates or strength classes once or twice a week at this amazing studio called Black Dove, walk to work and uni, and go for night runs a few nights a week. And (I can't believe I'm putting this online), when I get home, I go into my room, put on some R&B or HipHop and do a bit of white girl krumping. This, combined with a few sets of push ups in between, feels like a party and not like exercise at all. I whip my hair back and forth.

You too can make an exercise party. Beyonce shows you how in this helpful instructional video. The dance where you wave the American flag at the end may not be of interest for those in Australia, and if I were her I would have worn a more supportive bra. But you get the idea.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! And Happy Eurovision, for those so inclined!

No comments:

Post a Comment