Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Challenge Tip #5 - Hips Don't Lie!

Hey everyone! Well, week 1 of the challenge is over, and we're into the brave new world of week 2. How are you finding it? Have you noticed when your struggling times are, and when you're doing well?

I seem to be on struggle street when I visit my parents place. I seem to regress back to adolescence where I would try to alleviate my boredom by hanging out at the fridge. It's funny how different environments can change your behaviour, and it's easy for this to slip by unnoticed! I now know that if I go to stay at mum and dad's, I need to keep an eye on this.

So, how are you measuring your progress towards your goal? Is it something quantitative, like the scales or a tape measure, or qualitative like feeling healthier? Regardless, try to measure it somehow every week. A tape measure is better because you can stay a similar weight but convert your fat to muscle which tightens it all up. But you'll be able to feel this in your clothes anyway.

Measuring steps in the right direction is a great positive reinforcer for the fabulous work you're doing (and, a little flag if you're not doing enough!). Remember, if it's weight you're trying to lose, this will fluctuate, so minimise this by weighing yourself first thing in the morning without clothes. And, unlike Australia's Biggest Loser when they all lose a billion kilos every week, we're going for a lifestyle change so weight loss will be slow-ish (which is preferable - nobody wants those mountains of floppy skin!). So applaud any loss, because every bit counts. Last week I lost a little under a kilo. Bring on week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment